With the growth of wearable technology, such as an Apple Watch, app developers are beginning to work on compatibility. One area that may be helpful for some students – visual supports.
Children with Autism – A Visual Schedule, can be found in the App Store for $12.99. Build a schedule within the app, and it tasks can be viewed on an iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch. The user will see:
• What is the activity engaged in this moment
• How long the scheduled activity will take
• What tasks to complete
• How much time is left for the scheduled activity
• When to get ready to transition
• When the next scheduled activity will happen
The simple interface, and visuals encourage those with disabilities to independently manage their own time and tasks.